So the wordle below is a subset of the words used and I have sought to be reasonable with this, but this is my edit. Some of their promises are far from clear and/or embedded with lots of (to use a technical term) guff. I have also extracted the words police, policing, crime and criminal as I thought this would highlight the content of the promises made better.
Anyway, here is the wordle, which you can also find here:
And here are a few choice statements I have lifted. The Tory candidates in various places promise to:
- Agree priorities and targets with the Chief Constable
- Appoint a new Chief Constable
- Be prepared to use all means, including innovative solutions, to reduce crime and create efficiencies.
- Break the cycle of re-offending through a better criminal justice system
- Crack down on Anti-Social Behaviour
- Demand joined-up thinking
- Getting a better deal for tax payers
- Protect vulnerable people
- Reinforce good citizenship at an early stage
Only one person mentions privatisation, and even then only in quotation marks...
I did indeed just take all their words, but I'm from the Police Foundation not the Police Federation...ReplyDelete
oops. Sorry Jon. Corrected.Delete