What do you think? Will this this bring more people out in a wet & dark November evening?
I think it is a shockingly poor advert which will achieve little and may even reduce turnout.
- It will distract people: people will wonder where these places and who the people are
- It will raise anxiety and possibly even the fear of crime
- It gives the impression that the PCCs will focus only on the crimes featured
- It fails to explain why the policy is coming in, in the first place
- It refers people to a website that is not yet fully operational
- It contradicts itself in that it says the PCCs will not change operational policing yet features pictures of the stuff of operational policing
Need I go on?
And has anyone told the Government about hard drive TV recorders. Who watches TV adverts any more?
But tell me what you think...