This blog is mainly about the governance and future of policing and crime services. (Police & Crime Commissioners feature quite a lot.) But there are also posts about the wider justice system. And because I am town councillor and political activist, local & national issues are covered a little, as well.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Going South (or is it North)

In my capacity as Buckingham Town Councillor, I attended the Local Area Forum last night. We spent (far too long, in my opinion) talking about potholes.

But we were also briefed by the local police on crime trends. Apart from robbery (which had gone down 100%), all the other measures were going South (or should that be North as they were going up... a lot?).

I don't have access to the minutes yet, naturally. So I do not have the precise figures but the increases were in the range of 20% to 40%. These are year to date measures.

The actual crime numbers are low of course (this is a low crime rural area where potholes figure large!) but the trends are notable.

Are we unique? Or are other areas noticing similar trends? Is bulk acquisitive crime on an upward trajectory?

Please let me know. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment