This blog is mainly about the governance and future of policing and crime services. (Police & Crime Commissioners feature quite a lot.) But there are also posts about the wider justice system. And because I am town councillor and political activist, local & national issues are covered a little, as well.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Writer's block

It is August, it is sunny and I am still recovering from probably one to many pasties/pints of Rattler after returning from 10 days in Cornwall last week. Maybe it is that. Maybe it is a strong sense of weary déjà vu on so many issues around policing & criminal justice these days... Perhaps it is down to a growing deep sadness at the anomie across the world resulting in more and more tragic episodes of hate, violence & desperation.

I don't know. All I do know is that I am wrestling with writing another blog on topic at the moment. I am experiencing a sort of writers block. (I am still writing about other stuff: there is my 'leadership in films' series on one of my other blogs, of course.)

I will probably get over it in a couple of days... but crime, PCCs, community safety, criminal justice... what is there let to say...?

Please tell me!

PS: there is a PCC election in the West Midlands tomorrow. I wonder how many people will vote?

No comments:

Post a Comment