- Making sure that Scarce police resources are deployed fairly to the places where there is highest risk of harm so that the service is tough on crime where it needs to be toughest
- Helping victims and communities regain and build more Ambitious lives through sensitive and just policing, and through good partnership working
- Proud support for human rights and our historic British commitment to freedom and Fairness
- Enacting real community Engagement not sham consultations or dusty committees that do not represent the diversity and dynamism of our Thames Valley communities
- Fighting the Triple threat of severe cuts, extremely worrying privatisation plans and a ‘morale busting’ attack on police officer and staff pay, pensions and conditions
- Encouraging policing practice that is effective, innovative, preventative and restorative – unYoked from policing that does not work
This blog is mainly about the governance and future of policing and crime services. (Police & Crime Commissioners feature quite a lot.) But there are also posts about the wider justice system. And because I am town councillor and political activist, local & national issues are covered a little, as well.