I am now officially and totally confused about Cllr Stansfeld's commercial interests.
Thames Valley Police Authority have now kindly sent me a copy of his Register of Interests as at March 2012. First, here is a clip of the one 'updated' for August:
And now the one for March this year:
- Why did Cllr Stansfeld remove reference to being Chairman of the Sefinor Group?
- Who is the Sefinor Group? (Again I can find no easy reference to this organisation anywhere though see below)
- Does the Sefinor Group exist?
- How come mention of the Sefinor Group appears to have been omitted from his record at West Berkshire Council - although perhaps it was there in a previous version?
Questions and more questions: and still no answers from Cllr Stansfeld....
And there I was thinking we were getting somewhere.... (see blog post below)
In my research around Sefinor, I did turn up this interesting page. (Remember we have established that Cllr Stansfeld was involved in a company called Prescience AG along with, among others, Frank Iding.) This page is interesting on two counts:
- "Mr Iding has been Managing Director of Prescience AG since 2007... Mr Iding has wide international experience gained through his work for the two companies and in his previous role as Chief Executive Officer of the Sefinor Group – a group of companies based in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and elsewhere specialising in landmine and unexploded ordnance clearance and risk management" So, at least in 2009, the Sefinor Group of companies existed although who knows what has happened to it now (Cllr Stansfeld?)
- Now secondly and this is a crucial bit. Note the statement "Mr Iding has been Managing Director of Prescience AG since 2007" on a document dated 2009. That is two years and note the tense of the statement. In an email that Cllr Stansfeld sent to me back in August he said "I no longer have anything to do with Prescience, a company that never traded, so was disposed of" [my highlight] A company that never traded but existed for two years (at least) with a Managing Director... How are these two statements both true? I am intrigued to find out.
So is the truth simple here? It doesn't feel like that to me at the moment...